Reporting to the Director of Technical Services, the Telecom Engineer (TE) is responsible for day-to-day technical support of all Cisco Unified Communications (UC) systems. The Telecom Engineer will provide 2nd and 3rd level support for all UC related issues or outages. The Telecom Engineer will also be responsible for UC Moves/Adds/Changes as well as troubleshooting and vendor / telecom provider escalation if needed. Must have 3+ years experience working with Cisco voice technologies.
- Responsible for implementation and technical support of Cisco Unified Communications related technologies which include, but are not limited to: UCM, Unity Connection, IM & Presence, Jabber, VCS / Expressway, Cisco Paging Server / Informacast, UCCX, Emergency Responder, and Voice Gateways.
- Pre-sales design and post-sales implementation of new UC systems.
- 2nd and 3rd level support of existing systems.
- Upgrades to all supported VoIP / UC systems.
- Monitoring of Managed Services UC customers via 3rd party network monitoring software.Perform other Cisco
- Perform other Cisco technology-related duties as assigned
- Current CCNP Voice/Collaboration certification is desired.
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience in dial plan designs and implementation.
- Solid experience with IP routing / switching and QoS.
- Some experience with Cisco Wireless and ASA platforms desired.
- Excellent testing, troubleshooting and analytical skills to isolate problems and implement solutions.
- Extensive experience with implementation and ongoing support of Cisco UC applications in medium to enterprise deployments.
- Solid experience with voice gateways: MGCP, SIP, H. 323, SCCP, digital PRI / T1, analog FXO / FXS on Cisco 2900/3900/4000 and legacy devices
- Some experience with Cisco Unified Contact Center Express, including but not limited to UC Manager integration, basic scripting, high availability clustering.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and customers.
InaCOMP offers a highly competitive salary based on experience, 401K, and medical insurance.