Chromebook Service Request for West Bloomfield Schools
Welcome students, staff and parents/guardians of
West Bloomfield School District!
Attention Parents and Guardians:
2017-2018 School Year Repair Service Request Procedures
* Parents/guardians requesting diagnostic and repair services for Dell or Asus chromebooks issued under the WBSD Student Device Loan Program may submit a request for repair service on the West Bloomfield Repair Portal via the Internet at www.inacomp.net/wbsd.
* A parent, guardian, or student designate will be required to deliver the device to the iCenter at the student's respective school. Weekly pickups from the three iCenters at Abbott and Orchard Lake Middle Schools and High school are scheduled for each Thursday morning. Parents/guardians are asked to submit a repair service request not later than the end of the school day each Wednesday afternoon if they are planning to deliver the device to the iCenter for prompt pickup.
* For more expedient service, a unit may be delivered to the InacompTSG office during the normal office hours of 9 AM - 5 PM, Monday through Friday. The office is located at:
17250 West 12 Mile Rd. Southfield MI, 48076
* Return Shipping and Handling. Parents/guardians are offered the option of return shipping to an address of record in lieu of a return to the student's school. Upon receipt of a unit turned in at a school iCenter, the parent or guardian will be contacted to verify the method of return delivery. By default, repaired units will be returned to the school building from which they were retrieved. For UPS shipping, a shipping/handling fee of $18.50 will apply and a preferred shipping address will be noted. The unit will be returned to the preferred address via UPS Ground. UPS will require an adult signature upon delivery. "Drop Shipping" will not be authorized.
* All warrantied parts will be replaced at no cost and the unit returned to the school building where pickup was originated, unless designated otherwise by a parent or guardian to InacompTSG.
* Please review the WBSD policy for the Student Device Loan Program for any other terms and conditions or subsequent costs that may be incurred. The WBSD policy can be found at http://wbsd.org under the Departments/Technology web page.
* Once a full diagnostic is completed, a West Bloomfield parent or guardian will be contacted by phone to review any parts and labor costs that may be applicable and the parent or guardian may be asked to authorize payment for the repair costs, if and where applicable. At that time, the parent or guardian will be asked for the preferred return method. Please ensure that a parent or guardian contact number is provided at the time of service request and/or drop-off to help expedite the repair parts payment and process the shipping to a preferred delivery location, if other than a return to the school iCenter.
* Reasonable effort will be made to make contact via phone for any parts costs that exceed the terms and conditions of the Student Device Loan program, and a confirming email request will also be sent to the email address supplied by the parent or guardian. If no response is received within 2 weeks of diagnosis and quotation, the unit will be returned (unrepaired) to the respective school iCenter.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION ON THE FORM BELOW:
* NAME - your student's name
* PHONE NUMBER - a contact number for the parent or guardian that is convenient during normal business hours. No students will be contacted by phone.
* PERSONAL EMAIL - appropriate email address for the parent or guardian making the repair request. This email address will be used to notify the parent or guardian of the repair claim status and shipping confirmation once repairs have been completed.
* All other required fields, as noted.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW. REQUIRED FIELDS ARE MARKED WITH AN ASTERISK *